Looking for how to microwave baby potatoes and the best microwaves for baby potatoes? We got you covered.
Do you want to bake mini or baby potatoes? What is the best way to bake them and try out different recipes?
Microwave them!! Yes, the easiest and best way to cook, bake, or make baby potatoes is to microwave baby potatoes.
Mini potatoes have many advantages over other big potatoes. Baby potatoes are less in calories and fat-free in a natural manner.
If you are looking for something to include in your low-calorie diet plan, then baby potatoes would be a great addition to the menu.
The best suggestion would be to eat the potatoes without peeling the outer skin. Why? These baby potatoes with skin have more pros as compared to the potatoes without the skin.
They have more fiber and are hence super helpful in the digestion process. These baby potatoes are also helpful and prove to be the best option for people with atherosclerosis.
It is so because it helps in reducing existing cholesterol levels.
Benefits of Baby Potatoes
- Good source of micronutrients like iron and potassium, which are very important for nerves and body fluids.
- This is also contained many vitamins such as folate and vitamin b6, which are important micronutrients needed during pregnancy.
- Also, these baby potatoes help in maintaining are body parts like gums, bones, teeth, etc.
- It helps in promoting healthy heart functions.
- It also helps in resisting infections and helps us reducing stress.
- After knowing all these health benefits, you do not want to miss on baby potatoes.
Wow, these potatoes may be mini or baby, but they have so many important benefits. But now your concern must be that can you microwave mini potatoes?
And if you can, how can you do that? Is it easy? Or is it a hell of a lot of tasks? Okay, wait, don’t freak out yet.
We always got your back, don’t we? So, we bring you a detailed guide about “how to microwave baby potatoes” and the easiest way to do so.
Here is what you can expect to know from this article: –
- How to microwave baby potatoes?
- Different recipes for baking baby potatoes
- Some best microwaves oven to microwave baby potatoes
- Frequently asked questions about how to microwave baby potatoes
- Final thoughts
How to Cook Baby Potatoes in the Microwave
There are so many ways in which you can microwave baby potatoes and have mouth-watering dishes. Let us see some easy peasy ways to microwave mini potatoes.
1. Boil Those Baby Potatoes
Yes, the simplest and the easiest ways to microwave your baby potatoes are by boiling them.
Steps to boil baby potatoes using a microwave oven: –
- Take 4-5 baby potatoes
- Wash them thoroughly
- Peel them, or you can also remove the peel after boiling
- Then, could you put them in a bowl? (Make sure the bowl is microwave friendly)
- Put the bowl inside the microwave oven
- Set the oven on high
- Set the timer on 5 minutes
- When the timer beeps, take out those potatoes.
- Sprinkle some salt.
Ta-da ready! A healthy and tasty, and super easy dish is ready. Have it in snacks, lunch, dinner, or breakfast. I make this daily, you guys. It’s so fun to boil and eat.
2. Bake Those Mini Potatoes
First things first, you need to have a microwave oven with convection or some microwave that allows baking.
A baked potato is also a super healthy and easy recipe. So let’s see how to bake those little potatoes.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly
- Stab the potatoes with the fork, a little here a little there
- Place the potatoes on microwave plates
- Set the timer for 10 minutes
- When time is up, use mittens to take the potatoes out
- Gently squeeze the sides of the potatoes
- If it’s not opening up, try microwaving for some more time
- If it opens up, then your potatoes are ready
- Add butter and sprinkle salt
Whoa, my mouth is already watering. These fluffy and mini potatoes are the best and easy breakfast option with a breakfast sandwich maker. Enjoy the baked potatoes by adding flavors of your own.
3. Mash Those Baby Potatoes
This is very simple that it won’t require much of your time and energy and so nutritious that you can fulfill your daily nutrient requirement.
- Baby potatoes
Steps to Make Mashed Potatoes
- Take 2-3 baby potatoes
- Slit them in half
- Please keep them in a microwave-friendly bowl
- Add a few inches of water and a little salt
- Please keep it in microwave oven on high
- Set the timer to 6 minutes
- Now, melt that butter
- Mix it with milk and pepper and a little salt
- Take out the mashed potatoes and remove the peel
- Mix the milk, butter, pepper in the boiled potatoes
- Mash them properly
That’s it! Yes, you are done. It is that simple and easy. Now enjoy your creamy, buttery baby potatoes and enjoy the flavors. Let us know how they taste in the comments; we would love to hear from you guys.
Some Best Microwave Ovens to Microwave Baby Potatoes
Almost in all the microwave ovens, you can boil and mash potatoes. But for baking those teeny tiny potatoes, you need to have a microwave with convection or a microwave with the baking feature.
Don’t worry, we have done our homework, and we made a small list of the best microwaves that you can use and prefer to microwave baby potatoes.
I understand the pain of always being low on budget and compromising the best because of it. But not anymore.
This amazonbasics Microwave is budget-friendly, affordable and you don’t have to rob a bank for buying it.
This smart amazonbasics microwave comes with exceptional features which make your cooking experience very much hassle-free and easy.
You don’t have to spend any extra time and effort to work with this microwave. The compact design for this microwave is the feature you need.
A complete package of heating, baking, grilling, heating, and reheating with a smart voice control option, all this in your budget.
It is compact enough to fit your dorm without taking up any extra space and has enough cooking capacity to fit your dinner bowls. When paired up with Alexa, you can control it with your voice.
Smart just like you. Unlike other microwaves, you can cook and eat your favorite dishes without disturbing your roommate as it produces very little sound.
Summary of top features
- 0.7 cubic foot cooking capacity
- 10 power levels
- 30-second quick start function
- Pre heat functions
- Multi cooking stage
- Alexa voice control function
- 1-year product warranty
- It won’t take much space
- Produces less noise
- Easy to clean interior capacity
- Auto cook menus
- Easy to operate
- It gives a classy finish to your room
- Auto defrost function
- Compact but heavy
- Take some of your time to learn the smart functions
- Voice controlling can be a tough job
This LG microwave can be the best option to microwave baby potatoes. With its sleek design and exceptional features, the LG Neo Space Stainless Steel microwave is irresistible.
Easy to handle, easy to function, user-friendly, and smart technology with extra quietness is the perfect microwave for you.
While cooking, the LED lighting makes it very easy for the user to check on the food. Also, with its automatic functions, you don’t have to hustle much to use this microwave.
If you are looking for the best microwave with exceptional features, I suggest keeping this one on the top of your list.
Summary of top features
- 1200-watt cooking power
- 2 cu. Ft capacity (Excellent)
- Sleek design
- Anti-microbial features
- Smart invertor
- Humidity sensing technology
- 6-wheel turntable
- Quiet and low noise functioning
- Smart built and features
- Even cooking
- Built-in inverter
- Perfect of COVID era because of anti-microbial feature
- Whoa! We couldn’t find any.
This special GE-built microwave oven is the best the perfect option for you. This microwave seems to be the perfect option not only for commercial purposes but also for a big family.
This convection microwave has some unique features, such as extra browning of your food. Therefore, you can get the perfect cooking and browning results if you use this microwave.
This convection microwave helps you in speed cooking by the extra features built in this smart grey body giving it a classy and rich look that provides additional beauty to your kitchen décor.
Its smart sensor technology makes it very easy for the user to handle this conventional microwave.
The microwave also has a smart steam sensor that helps you cook your dumplings or whatever items you want to cook through steam in a very even and perfect manner. Smart enough, I guess.
Apart from having a classy stainless-steel body, this is also fingerprint resistant and scratch-resistant making, it very easy to clean and maintain.
Ready to serve feature of this microwave is something you cannot miss. It keeps your food warm until and unless you are ready to serve it to your family.
It holds your food in a warm condition to provide you hot meal at your own time. In addition, its halogen lighting features make it very easy to keep the check on the food.
With the smart and sleek design, this microwave is irresistible and perfect for your kitchen.
Summary of top features
- The cooking capacity of 1.7 cubic feet
- 1000-watt power usage
- 10 power levels
- 16.0 inches turntable
- Self-clean feature
- Audible preheat signals
- Defrost mode
- Control lock capability
- Electronic clock
- Auto recipe conversion
- 1 year or limited warranty
- Steam clean options
- High-quality cooking results
Some Frequently Asked Questions About the Microwaving of Baby Potatoes
- How can you know that the potatoes are ready?
The best way to check whether the potatoes are ready or not is by using a fork and try poking the potatoes are little.
If the potatoes are cooked or microwaved well, they will be tender, and the fork with easily go inside. If that happens then, that means your baby potatoes are ready to serve and eat.
- How long do the potatoes take to microwave?
It depends on the microwave you are using and the settings that you set. The more the power usage of the microwave, the faster your process will be.
One more tip, you can also cut the potatoes into two or four pieces to speed up the microwaving process. That helps in speed boiling and baking.
- Can the potatoes be eaten and microwaved with the skin?
Of course, yes. Moreover, cooking the baby potatoes with skin is the best option as they contain more nutrients than potatoes with more skin.
They have extra fiber content and helps it a healthier option. So, yes, you can cook the mini potatoes with skin.
Other Posts: Is It Safe to Microwave Ramen In Styrofoam Cup
We tried to cover all the important and required information that you were looking for to microwave baby potatoes.
We also made a list of the best microwaves that can be helpful in your microwaving process. If you want to bake more potatoes, then I will suggest you use a convection microwave.
You don’t have to worry about the recipes because we bring you the best and easy recipe in a step-wise manner so that you can have healthy and nutritious baby potatoes.
I hope this article helped you in all the ways and answered all the questions you were looking for regarding microwaving baby potatoes.
If you want to have more information on microwave ovens, keep reading.